Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of an engaged, energetic, and excellence-focused team of engineers—bolstered by top-notch administrative and operational professionals—to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world’s leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
Synapse’s electrical engineering team designs innovative products for the consumer and industrial spaces in partnership with a multidisciplinary team of mechanical, software, test, and manufacturing engineers. Whether prototyping PCBs for a space-constrained embedded device or modeling and building a custom antenna, Synapse’s electrical and RF engineers bring an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting design challenges.
The primary focus of this role is on designing, prototyping, and testing PCB-based embedded systems. Synapse's projects range from short technology investigations to full end-to-end high volume product development. Your day to day work will include prototyping and modeling, schematic design, PCB layout, and detailed verification testing.
Our Electrical Engineers:
Perform early phase product investigations including system architecture, power budget development, and PCB technology prototyping
Work across engineering, design, and business teams to make product design tradeoffs
Conduct detailed circuit design and analysis, including schematic design and simulation
Oversee PCB layout in cooperation with our in-house PCB design team
Perform bring-up, functional verification, and debugging of PCBs
Develop and execute test plans
Design for manufacturing, test, and assembly
Interface with contract manufacturers
Communicate directly with clients and vendors
Work in multidisciplinary teams to bring successful products to market
We are looking for people with:
- Four-year degree in Electrical Engineering or related field; MS or PhD a plus
- At least four years of experience designing and implementing embedded systems hardware
- Hands on experience in hardware test and verification
- Experience in schematic design, preferably in OrCAD Capture or Altium
- Experience managing PCB layout, preferably in Allegro/OrCAD PCB Designer or Altium
- Experience or interest in high-volume production
- Experience with or interest in low power battery operated systems and RF/wireless products
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in small and large multidisciplinary teams
- Interest in interfacing with clients as a technical contributor
- The ability to keep calm and laugh when the magic smoke comes out of a board
We strongly encourage you to upload your portfolio in the application section labeled “Other.”
The portfolio should exemplify your skills, show projects you have worked on, and highlight any other type of work you’ve done in the electrical engineering field. It should be a presentation of you and your experiences as they relate to the job qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.