Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world’s leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
About Synapse’s Seattle Office
Synapse’s headquarters in the heart of downtown Seattle maintains many of the hallmarks of the company’s start-up roots. The dog-friendly open office environment buzzes with activity, and employees are just as likely to solve problems over the ping-pong table as at the white board. With more than one hundred employees at this work site, Seattle Synapsters maintain the traditions of Wednesday Lunch, a weekly catered meal when the entire office comes together to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges; Beer:30, where Synapsters are welcome to unwind every other Friday afternoon; and a variety of social events in which family and friends are invited to join in on the fun.
Internships at Synapse
Synapse’s interns assist engineers in designing cool, innovative products for the consumer and industrial spaces, providing support to a multidisciplinary team of software, electrical, mechanical, quality assurance, and new product introduction engineers. Whether assisting with a schematic design, helping with CAD and mechanical drawings, or contributing to the development of embedded firmware and software code bases, Synapse interns bring an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting design challenges.
Synapse interns participate in lively collaboration, so they are equally comfortable communicating as they are contemplating. They demonstrate the willingness to jump from task to task or even from project to project, sometimes on a daily basis. Synapse interns are always learning—and can even be the ones to teach from time to time: the opportunity to be a listener and a leader exists for Synapsters at every level. Synapse interns are not only willing to understand Synapse’s organizational environment but also demonstrates a curiosity about the clients’ operations and goals as well. They approach each challenge with the eagerness to learn, sense of humor, friendly attitude, and mutual respect that make working at Synapse as enjoyable as it is rewarding.
The application deadline for this internship is February 1st, 2019. Summer internships are full time, start in the May/June time frame, and are approximately four months in duration.
- Have a great attitude and carnivorous need to learn
- Answer the question "Are you ready to..." with "yes!” No matter if that question is clean the fridges, design a test fixture, or meet and present to a client in 45 minutes.
- Work with a team of exceptional Software Engineers
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary projects; this may require working with EE and ME geeks!
- Self-start and fill your own plate with something useful to do
- Fluency in C
- Exposure to C++
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with at least one microcontroller and its instruction set, e.g. 8051, TI MSP430, Atmel AVR, ARM Cortex M3, Microchip PIC
- Ability to read, understand, and program to manufacturers' datasheets
- Exposure to RTOS's
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Available to intern full time business hours Monday to Friday
- No more than 1 year out from graduation date at start of internship
/* your code here */
/* your code here */