Synapse is seeking an outstanding senior mechanical engineer to join our community!
Our collaborative, cross-discipline team is made up of dynamic engineers, manufacturing experts, and project and business operations leaders. We work with the world’s leading companies to develop cutting-edge products, stretching the boundary of possibility in technology application and manufacturing processes to delight users and deliver business results.
Synapse offers competitive salaries and great benefits, including flexible work schedules, 20 paid personal days a year, paid parental leave, 401K, outstanding medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents, and spacious offices with an open collaborative environment. Your passion, flexibility, and commitment to lifelong learning will be greeted with a unique company culture that emphasizes fun as an integral component of delivering world-class products.
Please read on for more information about your next adventure!
As a Synapse product developer, you will contribute individually or collaboratively in teams to conceptualize, architect and develop new products for our clients and partners. You should expect to iteratively analyze, design, prototype and test the product and its components, and then support the establishment of product manufacturing. Challenges will emerge throughout the development process, and you will develop solutions to deliver a great customer experience.
As a senior mechanical engineer, you will participate in the design process from conceptualization to manufacturing. Along the way, you will integrate the mechanical design with industrial design, user interface, test, RF and electrical design requirements. Your work will include engineering analysis, CAD design and documentation, and application of concurrent engineering principles. You will also manage prototype fabrication, assembly, and testing; create and execute product reliability and verification test plans; and respond to changes in requirements due to test results or changing client needs. You will work closely with talented engineers, technical leads, project managers and the client’s team.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor or advanced degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of product design and development experience
- Demonstrated experience working on collaborative, cross-discipline programs
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity in early-phase requirements development and feasibility assessment
- A creative problem-solving approach
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with
- Injection molded components
- PCBA interfaces
- Machined components
- Rapid prototyping techniques
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with materials assessment and selection for a wide range of manufacturing processes and applications
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with rapidly deciphering requirements, and identifying and prioritizing conflicting requirements and constraints
- Intermediate proficiency with deliberate experimental planning for concept assessment, and development of verification test plans and procedures
- Advanced proficiency with 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Creo or Onshape)
- A strong desire to share your knowledge, improve skills, and improve processes in collaboration with your fellow Synapsters
THIS IS REQUIRED of all mechanical engineering applicants. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio. Please attach your portfolio to the application section labeled ‘Portfolio Link’.
A portfolio should demonstrate your skills and your role in projects you have worked on. It should be a presentation using images and text of you and your experiences as it relates to the job qualifications.