MARKETING AT SYNAPSE
Synapse is looking to add a versatile Senior Graphic Designer to our Marketing team in Seattle. The Marketing team is responsible for creating awareness and interest in our brand and our core commercial campaigns, through a program of inbound and outbound marketing activities. The team develops the marketing strategy and is responsible for delivering impact to key performance indicators. This role is an integral addition to the team, who will use their passion about design and ability to collaborate with others to produce high-impact deliverables.
Synapse aims to foster a creative work atmosphere with openness and trust, where all team members can work hard, learn and grow professionally, and maintain meaningful lives. Diversity of our ideas and experiences (creative and personal) enriches our teams, enabling us to push innovation further.
Synapse Product Development is a business that utilizes the talents of an engaged, energetic, and excellence-focused team of engineers - bolstered by top-notch administrative and operational professionals - to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world's leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
ABOUT SYNAPSE’S SEATTLE OFFICE
Synapse’s headquarters (when we’re in them) are in the heart of downtown Seattle, which maintains many of the hallmarks of the company’s start-up roots. The dog-friendly, open office environment buzzes with activity, and employees are just as likely to solve problems over the ping-pong table as at the whiteboard. With over one hundred employees at this work site, Seattle Synapsters maintain the traditions of Wednesday Lunch, a weekly catered meal when the entire office comes together to celebrate successes; Social:30, where Synapsters gather to unwind every other Friday afternoon; and a variety of social events in which family and friends are invited to join in on the fun.
In your role, you’re excited to influence our digital marketing strategies and apply fresh creative concepts to drive positive impact to our business. You bring creative energy, visual design capabilities, and a keen eye for detail to a range of projects, such as digital email design, printed tradeshow displays, website photography and video, infographics design, and whitepaper layouts.
You will be a collaborative member of a multi-functional team including engineers, designers, and business leaders. You will learn Synapse’s business and our target markets, seek feedback and discuss creative direction with an open mind, but also assert your own ideas and opinions based on your marketing expertise. You will jump at the opportunity to take ownership of a project, from definition through execution, soliciting input from stakeholders as needed to ensure success.
The design function, as an integral part of the Marketing department, is to provide a communications service, which includes all manner of design in traditional and digital media. This work is in the area of B2B visual communications projects, including marketing support material such as literature and presentations, illustrations, and multimedia projects. Key duties will include;
- Brainstorming creative ways to tell our brand story and display products or technology at events, in our office, on our website, in sales materials, and through digital media.
- Generating and presenting creative concepts to marketing, commercial campaign leaders, project managers, and business leaders.
- Collaborating with Synapse thought leaders to design and deliver custom infographics, illustrations, icons, and small animations to enhance our articles, blog posts, newsletters, events, presentations, and ad campaigns.
- Maintaining the website through continuous visual content updates and occasionally adding new functionality, layouts, and UX/UI upgrades.
- Elevating the visual presentation of the brand in a scalable way through the creation and maintenance of visual assets, case studies, templates, tools, style guides, and other resources.
- Defining and executing the visual direction and layout for whitepapers and ebooks.
- Ensuring visual polish and brand consistency for high profile presentations and client deliverables.
- Producing photo and video assets. This includes concept development, planning and managing shoots, setting up lighting and equipment, capturing, photo-manipulating, retouching, recoloring, and editing for digital and print. Requires collaboration with Synapsters across the business to capture everything from product & lifestyle, to portraits & talking heads, bespoke narratives, to office b-roll & event photography. In most cases, this will involve executing small productions on your own, while in some cases you will be managing internal or external resources for larger productions.
- Designing and working with suppliers to produce physical brand assets to support the business needs, including leaflets, brochures, large format prints, postcards, letterheads, branded artifacts, and signage.
- Some travel may be required to our San Francisco office.
- BA degree or equivalent experience in graphic design or visual communications
- 5-7 years experience owning projects in-house or agency-side as a graphic or visual designer on a marketing team
- Demonstrated skills with Adobe CC Suite (Ai, Xd, Id, Ps, Lr, Pr), Microsoft Office (Word & Powerpoint), Wordpress or a similar website CMS
- Be proficient in digital and print design processes
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and work independently
- Ability to effectively communicate across the organization (written and verbal)
- Experience developing and maintaining website assets
- Event display design experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of design trends, tools, and methods
- Curiosity in emerging technologies in the consumer product and industrial IoT industries
- Demonstrated skills writing headlines and blurbs for marketing materials
- Experience marketing for a B2B professional services organization
Please include a portfolio demonstrating your craft across digital, print, typography, photography, illustration, conceptual design and branding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.