Mechanical Engineering at Synapse
Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world’s leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
As a mechanical engineer at Synapse, you have the opportunity to work in a collaborative design process from conceptualization to manufacturing. Along the way, you will integrate the mechanical design with industrial design, user interface, test, RF design, electrical design and manufacturing requirements while receiving the technical support of an outstanding team. Daily work will include engineering analysis, CAD design and documentation, and application of current engineering principles. You will also take part in prototype fabrication, assembly, and testing and you’ll contribute to product reliability and verification testing. Engineers respond to changes in requirements due to test results or changing client needs.
About Synapse’s Seattle Office
Synapse’s headquarters in the heart of downtown Seattle maintains many of the hallmarks of the company’s start-up roots. The dog-friendly, open office environment buzzes with activity, and employees are just as likely to solve problems over the ping-pong table as at the whiteboard. With over one hundred employees at this work site, Seattle Synapsters maintain the traditions of Wednesday Lunch, a weekly catered meal when the entire office comes together to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges; Social:30, where Synapsters are welcome to unwind every other Friday afternoon; and a variety of social events in which family and friends are invited to join in on the fun.
- *A Portfolio is required before we’ll review your application. Please see details below.
- Minimum 3 years of product design and development experience
- Intermediate proficiency with 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Creo or Onshape)
- Beginner to intermediate proficiency with
- Machined component design
- Rapid prototyping techniques
- Injection molded component design
- Electronics integration and PCBA interfaces
- Machine design and mechatronics
- Deliberate experimental design and planning
- Mechanical engineering analysis techniques and tools
- Outstanding communication skills and a desire to work in small and large cross-discipline teams
- Comfort with ambiguity in early phase product design and concept development
- A desire to share your knowledge, improve skills, and improve processes in collaboration with your fellow Synapsters
- A creative problem-solving approach
- Bachelor or advanced degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a Product Development Environment
- Experience in Product Consultancy
THIS IS REQUIRED of all mechanical engineering applicants. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio. Please attach your portfolio to the application section labeled ‘Portfolio Link’.
A portfolio should demonstrate your skills and your role in projects you have worked on. It should be a presentation using images and text of you and your experiences as it relates to the job qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.