Location: San Francisco
New Product Introduction Program Lead
Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world’s leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
ABOUT SYNAPSE’S SAN FRANCISCO OFFICE
Synapse’s San Francisco site, which will accommodate the office’s planned growth in the years ahead, offers proximity to transit as well as the amenities of the SoMa neighborhood. Here, the growing group of about thirty Synapsters balances focus with fun. Wednesday Lunch provides a catered meal to the entire office, as well as a time for employees to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges. Thursday Active is the office’s opportunity to lift their noses from the grindstone and take part in a range of activities—from bike trips and runs, to museum visits and sporting events, to barbecues and poker tournaments.
New Product Introduction Engineering at Synapse
Synapse’s New Product Introduction Engineering team helps design cool, innovative products for the consumer and industrial spaces by partnering with a multidisciplinary team of software, electrical, quality assurance, and mechanical engineers. Whether providing strategic planning in the early stages of product development or troubleshooting manufacturing test systems to ensure accurate yield results, Synapse’s NPI engineers bring an attitude of fun, flexibility, and fearlessness to an ever-changing array of exciting design challenges.
Synapse engineers collaborate directly with clients as well as each other, so they are equally comfortable communicating as they are contemplating. They have the tenacity to see a product through from concept to mass production, and they don’t mind changing hats for the good of the project. Synapse engineers are always learning—and teaching: the opportunity to be a listener and a leader exists for engineers at every level. They invest the time to understand the client’s objectives and constraints while delighting in exceeding expectations. And Synapse engineers approach each other with the eagerness to learn, sense of humor, friendly attitude, and mutual respect that make working at Synapse as enjoyable as it is rewarding.
- Lead the products transition from development into manufacturing, inclusive of design and process reviews between the product development and manufacturing teams
- Foster communication of manufacturing-related topics with our clients
- Support manufacturing line design and process optimization efforts
- Be our escalation point and owner for component sourcing issues
- Facilitate technical review and approval of manufacturer-driven change requests
- Coordinate with the development team, client, and partners to develop and deliver the required manufacturing test systems
- Coordinate packaging design and fulfillment in tandem with a strategic manufacturing partner
- Communicate with internal teams and clients the project status, progress, hurdles, and proposed solutions
- Document best practices and drive continuous improvements in our methods
- Tailor our approach to contract manufacturer (CM) & supply chain identification, evaluation, and recommendations to each project as needed. Own the delivery of those efforts for our clients.
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics product development
- At least 10 years of manufacturing engineering or new product introduction experience
- Consulting and/or service focused experience is preferred
- Prior work on both development and manufacturing teams is desirable
- Has led several products from development into mass production successfully
- Experience in HW product design verification would be a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, particularly in complex, international, and cross-functional teams
- Excellent teamwork and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent documentation and project management experience
- Experience in a broad range of DfX categories
- Experience working with off-shore CMs
- A breadth of collaborating with varied CMs in terms of size, capabilities, locations, etc. is preferred
- Experience in manufacturing test system development is desired
- Experience in statistical analysis and yield improvement is desired
- Experience with RF products is preferred
- Experience with reliability testing is preferred
- Experience bringing products to mass production in varying volumes is preferred
- B.Sc. and/or M. Sc. in engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.