Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller
Synapse Product Development is seeking a Senior Accountant to be an integral contributor to our Finance and business operations teams. This Senior Accountant will have a broad range of responsibilities to include GL responsibilities, all aspects of month-end close, external reporting, and implementing controls and process improvement.
Synapse Product Development utilizes the talents of engaged and excellence-focused engineers, project managers and business operations professionals to collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world’s leading companies. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
ABOUT SYNAPSE’S SEATTLE OFFICE
Synapse’s headquarters are in the heart of downtown Seattle, which maintains many of the hallmarks of the company’s start-up roots. The dog-friendly, open office environment buzzes with activity, and employees are just as likely to solve problems over the ping-pong table as at the whiteboard. With over one hundred employees at this work site, Seattle Synapsters maintain the traditions of Wednesday Lunch, a weekly catered meal when the entire office comes together to celebrate successes; Social:30, where Synapsters gather to unwind every other Friday afternoon; and a variety of social events in which family and friends are invited to join in on the fun.
Finance/Accounting at Synapse
Synapse is a Product Development powerhouse a part of the Capgemini Invent (Capgemini French multinational IT services and consulting company €15.8B). We run a lean team of highly engaged, business focused, Finance/Accounting professionals and fully leverage technology platforms (locally NetSuite + Open AIR, and globally HFM and SAP BFC) to automate workflow and report financials.
Under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Controller we are seeking a Sr. Accountant that can assist in GL preparation and delivery of accurate and timely financial statements. P&L, Balance sheet, Cash flow etc.
We're looking for a problem solver who is comfortable operating in high paced, dynamic environments. If this is you and you are someone who demonstrates professionalism, high energy, flexibility, and the ability to interface with clients and co-workers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner, then we'd love to talk to you.
- Identify & maintain the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Participate in system implementations and process improvements by monitoring and assessing systems and processes to identify areas for improvement, and drive optimization
- Manage and own elements of Accounts Receivable cycle which includes project set-up, contract changes, invoicing, collections, and revenue recognition
- Ensure accuracy of recorded transactions into the General Ledger
- Contribute to Month-end close process to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting in compliance with GAAP, IFRS. Liaise with Group accounting as needed.
- Assist with and own elements of Balance sheet reconciliation in compliance with GAAP
- Assist in Cash Flow management, reporting, forecasting
- Assist with intercompany reconciliation and accounting.
- In collaboration with the Controller provide a wide range of support for audits, tax filings, and special projects as needed
- Provide guidance or mentorship for more junior roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of relevant Corporate Finance/Accounting experience
- 5+ years ERP experience i.e. (NetSuite Open Air, JD Edward enterpriseONE, SAP, HFM, SYSPRO, Dynamics 365,Oracle, etc)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Onedrive, Sharepoint etc.)
- Have managed a small team (1-2 people) of direct reports
- Demonstrated experience with general ledger, journal entry preparation, monthly & annual close processes
- Strong analytical abilities and perseverance to solve problems in interconnected environments with high attention to detail
- Advanced-Intermediate Excel i.e.-
- Formulas: sumifs, countifs, pivot tables, getpivot, vlookups etc.
- Interconnected Macro enabled financial workbooks with datalinks/ datadumps from ERP and or other databases.
- Experience with the following is a Plus : IFRS 15 – Revenue Recognition and IFRS 16 –Lease Accounting pronouncements, Deferred Taxes and Intercompany elimination processes.
- CPA accreditation a Plus
***Synapse is open to this role being hybrid or remote. We currently have a back to the office plan slotted for the new year.
Synapse is an Equal Opportunity Employer (“EOE”). We value diversity and strive to promote an inclusive culture. We are committed to a work environment that respects and supports individuals and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.