Synapse Product Development is a technology and product development consultancy. Our core delivery engine is an engaged, energetic, and excellence-focused team of engineers - bolstered by top-notch administrative and operational professionals. We collaborate on creative and cutting-edge product development solutions for the world's leading companies from major brands like Nike, Purina, and Uber, to some of the most ambitious startups in consumer and industrial sectors. Synapsters embrace the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service.
Synapse aims to foster a creative work atmosphere with openness and trust, where all team members can work hard, learn and grow professionally, and maintain meaningful lives. Diversity of our ideas and experiences (creative and personal) enriches our teams, enabling us to push innovation further.
ABOUT SYNAPSE’S SEATTLE OFFICE
Synapse’s headquarters (when we’re in them) are in the heart of downtown Seattle, which maintains many of the hallmarks of the company’s start-up roots. The dog-friendly, open office environment buzzes with activity, and employees are just as likely to solve problems over the ping-pong table as at the whiteboard. With over one hundred employees at this work site, Seattle Synapsters maintain the traditions of Wednesday Lunch, a weekly catered meal when the entire office comes together to celebrate successes; Social:30, where Synapsters gather to unwind every other Friday afternoon; and a variety of social events in which family and friends are invited to join in on the fun.
The purpose of the Content Manager role is to drive marketing content that raises awareness of Synapse, positions us as thought leaders in our target markets, and ultimately results in new business inquiries and improved conversion rates. This role reports to our Head of Marketing and will work closely with our Business Developers and technologists to understand the needs and interests of our target clients and partners, surface groundbreaking work and insights available to share, and collaborate with the marketing team to develop and deliver content within the broader marketing strategy. Adjacent to a commercial focus, this role may collaborate with the HR team to support recruiting messaging. . The role will involve a combination of both hands-on content creation and managing others as they create content. The appropriate balance of those activities may change depending on circumstances in order to achieve maximum impact.
Our business is built on relationships, and the goal of our marketing content is to support the development of those relationships. Our content should be relevant to the challenges and opportunities our potential customers and partners are facing. It should take various forms including graphics, video, and copy, and should serve all stages of the content marketing funnel, from high volume low effort content for social media to build awareness in our communities, to low volume high effort content like talks and white papers to deepen existing relationships.
You’re excited to influence content marketing strategies and develop fresh creative messaging to capture the attention of our audience and drive positive impact to the business. You have a journalistic mindset and seek to learn about all of the work the teams around you are doing, as well as the needs of the markets we serve. You work best when collaborating with teams made up of diverse skills, and are comfortable bringing your own opinions and ideas to the table. You can equally enlist the resources around you to accomplish your goals and you’re also happy to put your head down and do copywriting and editing when needed.
- Generate and maintain a plan with our Business Development and Marketing teams that identifies the most valuable pieces of content to help us achieve our business goals.
- Foster relationships with engineering leaders to identify past, current and upcoming developments that could serve as the source of future content.
- Solicit useful content contributions from the broader Synapse team by sharing needs and inspiration in company-wide or group-level internal communications.
- Develop templates and guidelines to make content generation at Synapse lower effort and scalable.
- Act as project manager on content development initiatives from concept through completion, working with the appropriate stakeholders for technical expertise, market positioning, graphic design, and delivery through the appropriate digital channels.
- Write or edit copy as necessary to ensure we’re communicating relevant information to our target audiences while conveying the Synapse brand and positioning.
- Evaluate the performance of content in different formats and channels against key performance indicators and adjust strategies to maximize impact.
- Leverage marketing permission with our clients and develop timely client stories and project case studies.
- Develop and manage an internal content database to facilitate content discovery and distribution.
- Occasional travel.
- BA degree or equivalent experience in marketing
- 5+ years copywriting and content development experience with demonstrable business impact
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices, marketing automation tools, measuring and analyzing content performance, and the development and execution of marketing campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (written and verbal), ability to craft compelling copy with accuracy, and a keen eye for detail
- A flair for highlighting application and value in technology, creating compelling narratives and promoting via PR and social media
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Experience of supporting complex, high-value, technical business development in a B2B environment
All applicants must submit a portfolio demonstrating their work.
Synapse is an Equal Opportunity Employer (“EOE”). We value diversity and strive to promote an inclusive culture. We are committed to a work environment that respects and supports individuals and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.