Hello Synapsters and friends of Synapse
Every year I publish a gift guide containing the best bets for shopping for the lady in your life. The 2012 edition has arrived. As always, I am available for individual consultations and can be paid in chocolate.
Things NOT to get your ladyfriend:
- Anything electronic (unless explicitly requested.)
- Socks/scarves (she has enough of this stuff.)
- Athleticwear/outdoors stuff/anything from REI (unless explicitly requested. Yes, I know this is what YOU would like for Christmas.)
- A toaster/vacuum/anything indicating she needs to bone up on her domestic skillz
Things to get your ladyfriend:
Can be obtained within 5 minutes of Synapse
- Lush is a great place to get inspired, don’t be overwhelmed by the smell:
J. Crew is a great place to pick up a good sweater. Don’t cheap out, do the cashmere.
- For younger ladies, this in bright purple: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/sweaters/jcrewcashmere/PRDOVR~53268...
- For the more mature set, basic black v-neck: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/sweaters/jcrewcashmere/PRDOVR~29660...
Anything in a Tiffany blue box will thrill any lady.
- A good option to thank a lady for staying with you (hopefully) forever, the Infinity Necklace: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP06365&mcat=1...
- Fireworks is such a gem. Amazing jewelry and creative gifts. It’s hard not to pick a winner, when in doubt, find a nice saleslady, tell them all about your wife and walk out a hero. For example:
- Of course, Anthropologie is right around the corner and if you can’t find a gift there, I wash my hands of you. So many lovely things.
Nordstrom has the best return policy around and women LOVE getting shoes. Even if you have no idea the size or even what she likes, because the return policy is so good, it’s like getting a gift card but classier! YES. This is a winner for under-the-tree joy quotient.
- For the younger set: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/toms-metallic-linen-slip-on-women/3167111?or...
- More mature but not boring: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/yosi-samra-foldable-ballet-flat/3408365?orig...
If she’s domestically inclined:
- 2012’s smash domestic books are the Smitten Kitchen cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/The-Smitten-Kitchen-Cookbook-Perelman/dp/030759565...
- And the Young House Love décor book: http://www.amazon.com/Young-House-Love-Paint-Update/dp/1579654789/ref=sr...
Chances are she already reads one of the blogs that fostered these, and they both just came out so she definitely doesn’t already them, Accoutrements and jewelry from the interwebs:
- Anything from Rifle Paper Co:
For the more dramatic or younger lady:
- https://givengoods.co/shop/brand/mata-traders/product/chaise-bracelet (All gifts from Given Goods gives back in some way, you can graph how much good you’ve done!)
- Sweet and sentimental, get this personalized with your initials and just remember to hold out your arms when she swoons. http://www.etsy.com/listing/116283282/personalized-ceramic-dish-wood-grain
- Monogrammed! Girls love monogrammed things! This year, a monogrammed iPhone case is the way to go. These will need express shipping at this point, but is worth it. She either wants the grey and teal ikat:
- Or the chevron but in GREY, with either a pink or yellow or turquoise monogram. GREY chevrons everyone:
- Have to put in at least one local artist, but I love all this lady’s jewelry: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RachaelRyen?ref=seller_info
- Especially these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/109489581/22k-gold-vermeil-bezel-set-framed-...