Throughout the development of the Nike+ FuelBand, Synapse exhaustively tested and qualified parts that had never before seen production, notably a novel curved lithium polymer battery. Synapse remained involved in the project after product launch to help Nike continuously enhance the performance of the device and overall user experience.
- Experience testing and validation
- Data compression for transmission over Bluetooth Classic
- Low power architecture development to enable long battery life
- Critical custom component identification and validation
- Curved battery development to enable form-factor with sufficient battery capacity
- Design for reliability and manufacture across multiple sizes
- RF design, test, and certification
Synapse was engaged from early concept generation through launch and ramp to millions of units, helping Nike release a product that defined a new wearable category.